Afrobeatnik is a new online retailer of consciously curated vintage clothing and handmade goods.
The graphic design intern will be responsible for creating brand consistent materials, such as print and online advertisements, and templates from promotional materials. This is a good opportunity for a student or professional looking for portfolio pieces and real-world experience working within a business.
Some of the projects you may be asked to work on include:
- Print and Online Advertisements
- Promotional image design for the website and social media
- Brochure Design
- Newsletter Design
- Web Design
- Collaborative brainstorms
- Update existing collateral material
- Editing/Re-touching Product Inventory Shots
- Any other creative tasks that may arise
- Ability to commit to 10 hours per week
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and reliable access to a computer that contains the software
- Students welcome though college enrollment is not required
- A passion for diversity and sustainability
To inquire, please email a resume, brief cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Afrobeatnik is a retailer of consciously curated vintage clothing and handmade goods. We believe there is beauty in diversity– old and young, black and white, big and small, and all in-between.
Challengers of the status quo, we seek to address the ever-clear misrepresentation of beauty and exclusivity in mainstream media. A portion of profits will help fund the production of film shorts that feature women who are historically underrepresented and falsely portrayed in media.
Afrobeatnik celebrates the diversity of women and clothing with a collection of carefully curated vintage and upcycled fashion spanning time periods, cultures, and styles.
Our collection is sourced from estates, consigners, designers, and artisans throughout the world.
We launch in January 2014.
Visit us at www.afrobeatnikshop.com