Afrobeatnik is a new online retailer of consciously curated vintage clothing and handmade goods.
We are looking for a vintage loving, social-media obsessed, publicity and promotions genius to help us design, execute and drive innovation for our social media strategy. We hope to find a professional employee who has enthusiasm for a wide array of channels and is well-versed in social media vocabulary, tools, processes, analytics, emerging trends and best practices.
This role is perfect for a college student or professional looking to expand their social communication and media outreach skills. Learn how to write compelling copy, execute public relations campaigns and implement long-term marketing plans.
- Assist in managing the implementation and administration of social media strategies across multiple platforms
- Write compelling website and blog copy
- Be a curator of content constantly looking for relevant stories to share about Afrobeatnik, vintage fashion or the Seattle fashion community
- Build relationships with bloggers and social media influencers
- Help develop and implement public relations campaigns
- Monitor social media success via various analytical tools
- Must possess creativity and demonstrate self immersion in social media
- Most work will be done virtually but candidate must be local to Seattle-area and have the ability to meet with the founder 1X per week for one hour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other office programs
- Understanding of the fashion industry and experience managing social media in the past a plus
- Ability to commit to 10-20 hours per week
- Students welcome though college enrollment is not required
To inquire, please email a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org